Monday 23 August 2010

Sickness and Diahrrea - Another Day in the Life of a Stay At Home Mummy

TD recently had sickness and diahrrea.  This means for a stay at home mum, days imprisoned at home cleaning up sick and poo.  This time she managed to get poo on the bed, carpet, car seat... no nappy was up to the challenge.

I remember FBS once having a leaky nappy situation whilst happily bouncing in his door bouncer, and then further entertaining himself by squidging and sliding the poo around with his toes..lovely!  TD has had diahrrea in a highchair in McDonalds and FBS once had it in a supermarket trolly. 

I usually find that sickness and diahrrea incidents more often than not occur when I'm on my own with the kids or have left the house characteristically unprepared. TD recently had a leaky poo incident in a playground and I had to deposit an un-bagged dirty nappy into the bin. Much to my shame moments later a poor council worker appeared to empty the same bin! 


"He's not really a sicky baby", were the words I uttered moments before FBS impressively projectile vomited across a friend's living room.  I got such a shock I inadvertantly made the situation worse by holding up my hand to stop the flow, causing v. distressing splashback into FBS's face! 
 
TD was a sicky baby.  If ever I tried to feed her a little extra at bed time (TD would only ever take 4oz from her bottle - "No baby will ever sleep through on 4 bloody OZ!", I used to wail), gauranteed she'd throw it all back up over her lovely clean baby gro, sleeping bag, blankets etc..
 
On one occasion the tables were turned.....When FBS was about 3 months old Mr. B and I were invited to dinner at a friends house.  This was one of a only a hand full of occasions we had been out since his arrival, and unusually Mr B had agreed that he would drive and we took FBS with  us.  Whilst FBS slept in the friends bedroom we enjoyed some gin and tonics, red wine, and steak tartare served at about 11pm (I am still usually in bed by 9.30)..by the time we left it's fair to say I had had a 'nice drink'.  On the motorway travelling home I asked Mr.B to pull over as I needed to be sick.  As we were not far from home Mr. B decided I was being a bit off a drama queen (Moi?) and refused to pull over.  He then said, " If you need to be sick be sick out of the window!"  Now a sober person may have had reservations regarding this advise..but a hormonal, drunk woman?  Obediently I tried to throw up out of the window of a vehicle doing 80MPH on a motorway!  When we arrived home the back seat of the car looked like someone had been bludgened to death and raw meat and red wine puke covered (a thankfully still fast asleep) FBS and his lovely baby blanket!! 
 
No one said I was a perfect mother.
 
Love
Kerry B xx

No comments:

Post a Comment