Thursday 16 September 2010

Letter to TD

This is a letter to TD on the event of her 2nd birthday for her to read when she is older.

Happy Birthday darling daughter you are 2!!
As i write this you are tucked up in your cot for your afternoon nap after a hard morning at playschool.  You insist on taking duck (your most favourite comforter) and also pig and peppa (pig) to bed with you.  It is often quite stressful trying to locate duck when it is time for bed, as you refuse to go to bed without him.  Here are my top 5 places you have hidden duck:

1. The washer
2. My welly
3. Under the seat of your ride on
4. In a blender!
5. In a pan in the pan drawer

Sometimes you get him wet just before bedtime.  On our family holiday to Menorca this year I tried to dry him with my hairstraighteners in the absence of a tumble or hair dryer.  You are also as obsessive about your dummy or "doddy" as you call it.  Once at Grandma's you fell and hurt yourself.  Your Auntie swears you shouted,  "Duck, duck, doddy, doddy", before you even cried!

This time last year you had only just begun to crawl and now you run everywhere.  You love playing in the garden and playgrounds and you are absolutely fearless, anything your brother does you want to do too.  Once this summer whilst buying icecream in the park, you wandered off and after a moments panic I saw your little face at the top of the biggest slide.  You love to show off and shout, "mum watch this, watch this!"

 You talk really well for your age, (your mothers daughter), but you look just like your dad. You love playing/fighting with your brother and you are not happy that he now leaves us every day for school.  Taking him to school every morning you insist on having your window open, and poke ducks head out like a dogs!  Then on the walk up to school you steal blackberries from someone's garden.  You always look shocked how sour they are.  You usually refuse to hold my hand and I get cross.  You are fiercly independent and stubborn.  I hope this is the terrible 2's and you grow out of it otherwise I think you you and I are gonna fall out.

Your brother chose a birthday present himself for you.  It is a "Little Mermaid" costume.  However so far you have refused to try it on for him.  In the end after baths the other night he tried it on himself!!  I made you a birthday cake myself this year and you had a party tea.  You LOVE crisps.  Normally I have to keep them hidden from you as you eat them like a dizzy dog.

You like to sing,  'twinkle twinkle', and 'sleeping bunnies' and you insist on talking to whoever is on the phone.  You hate having your teeth brushed.  You love to wear hats. You think it is funny to pretend your name is Jack.

You are beautiful, bright and determined!  I love being your mum.  Happy Birthday darling xxxxx

7 comments:

  1. oh Kerry that is just so lovely I love you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't want to be anon it's me Estelle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BUY HER A PUPPY RIGHT NOW!!!!!!! love u all, auntie lindsay.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kerry with a puppy? You're more likely to win the lottery Lindsay. Super stuff Kerry. Has me laughing with a hint of a tear in my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "duck duck doddy doddy" so made me laugh out loud. Can you remember when Liam called his hamster 'hammer hammer dodo'? Hammer after his favourite toy and dodo was what he called his dummy!!! (from Joanne D in case you hadn't guessed!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lesley-Ann Harrison Clarke16 September 2010 at 22:52

    What a gorgeous letter to be able to share with your daughter. You're both so blessed to have each other. Love you, Lesley x x x x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's Polly here - I could really weep now - that is so beautiful! I am inspired to give this a go for Miss M. Ooh they are lovely aren't they? x

    ReplyDelete